Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis the Season...

for cookies!


I got this recipe off of an ad for chocolate chips in a Good Housekeeping magazine. I've made them about 3 or 4 times this month! They are really good-especially if you are a chocoholic like I am.


I will type the recipe out like it says, and then tell you how I make them.


Ghirardelli Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookies


Yield-2 dozen cookies


1 bag (11.5 oz) Ghirardelli 60% cacao Bittersweet chocolate chips

6 Tbsp unsalted butter

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup all-purpouse flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 bag (12 oz) Ghirardelli Semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup (4 oz) chopped walnuts


Melt the bittersweet chocolate chips in the microwave and mix with melted butter. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and baking powder. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.


Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. As dough will be very soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes.


ok-now my version: First, I skip the walnuts. Who wants nuts ruining the chocolate? I know some people like them, but like me and Laura say-nuts are like putting vegetables with your dessert. Second, forget putting the batter in logs, bla bla bla. I just mix everything up and put it in the refrigerator in the bowl for an hour (or even less b/c I am impatient). Then put spoonfull size cookies on the baking sheet and cook them. Doing it this way, I cook them about 7 or 8 minutes on 350. Also, you are techinically supposed to mix the flour and baking powder together before adding it to the mixture; however, I add both at the same time and stir it together a little before mixing it in.


Enjoy!-or as the recipe says, "Enjoy the moment of timeless pleasure."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey! So excited to see your blog!! Now I have yet another distraction as I make my computer rounds during naptime!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that! I loooooooove making chocolate chip cookies and I'm always looking for a better recipe. I will definitely be trying this one out :-)