This has become one of my favorite recipes-and yes, it contains broccoli! I never ate broccoli until the past few years. With cheese, I would eat it just because I knew it was healthy. But this casserole is good! I promise! Even if you don't like broccoli, I bet you'll like this-my family does!
Crunchy Broccoli Bake
1 head fresh broccoli 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
3 Tbs water 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 Tbs butter 20 butter flavored crackers
Preheat oven to 350. Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size florets. Place into a 1 1/2 quart microwave safe baking dish. Add water and microwave on high for about 6 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still slightly firm. Drain well. Dry the baking dish (I just slide the broccoli over and wipe excess water with a paper towel). Spray dish with Pam. Arrange broccoli in a single layer in pan.
Put crackers in a resealable bag and crush. Sprinkle broccoli with salt, pepper and top with cheese. Melt butter in microwave and stir in crushed crackers. Sprinkle cracker mixture over broccoli. Bake about 20 minutes or until browned.
**This is one of those recipes where I don't really measure. Just get some broccoli, cut, cook and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cheese and cracker mixture.
Enjoy-I promise you will!
1 comment:
looks good! We'll be trying it!
Post a Comment