This is one of our favorite recipes. It doesn't take much chicken, so it is good for a tight budget. This also looks kinda fancy, so make it for guests! It really isn't hard or very time consuming, so don't loose interest.
1-1.5 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion (cook pepper and onion until onion is translucent)
Mix 2 oz softened cream cheese with 2 tablespoons milk. Add chicken, onions, peppers, salt, pepper to taste and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. (any will work-we usually use mozzarella if I have it).
Roll out crescent rolls (I get the low fat kind-you can't even tell the difference!) and divide into 4 squares. Press seams together. Put 1/4 of chicken mixture in center of each square. Gather corners together and pinch to seal. Dip top (not the seam side) in 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place on cookie sheet seam side down.
Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
Yummy!
1 comment:
How have I never had this? Sounds yummmmmmy
Post a Comment