Thursday, February 11, 2010

NC BBQ

Several people have asked for this recipe for barbeque that we had at Colton's party. It is really easy and makes great leftovers. My friend Gina gave it to me a few years ago.

1 fresh pork roast (I usually get a pork butt)
red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups vinegar
salt

Rinse meat and pat dry. Liberally sprinkle meat with red pepper flakes (maybe 8 shakes? The more you add the spicier it is. ps-is spicier a word?). Place meat in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Bring vinegar and red pepper flakes (just guess on the amount of these) to a boil. Shred the meat with a fork and add the vinegar mixture to taste. I don't usually use all of it-maybe 3/4 of a cup? Add salt to taste if you like.

Serve with buns and coleslaw if you like.

This also freezes well. I have a lot leftover so I'm freezing some for an easy couple of meals in a few weeks!

Enjoy!

No comments: