We have had a very busy week...following around a little boy, running him to the potty and cleaning up pee. On Tuesday morning, Colton took off his diaper and told me he didn't want to wear diapers. I told him he'd have to peepee in the potty then, and he agreed (although it didn't happen). I was very surprised, but excited to start! We spent 2.5 days on the hardwood floors; Colton with no underwear/pants on. When he started to pee, I ran him to the potty and gave him 2 M&Ms. We made zero progress. Thursday afternoon, I put underwear on him and constantly reminded him to keep them dry and tell me when he needed to go peepee. All of this was according to friends and the 3 Day Potty Training book. Still...zero progress. By today, Friday, I was done. I decided to give it until Sunday. I am hesitant to give up because he wants to do it and is willing to sit on the potty, but it hasn't seemed to click yet. Tonight around 7, after many, many accidents, he paced around all jittery, so I ran him to the potty. He said he didn't need to go, but he peed 2 times! This gives me a glimmer of hope. I am hoping we are turning a corner. If not, we will be back in diapers on Monday.
On Wednesday, we went to the pediatrician for Colton's flu shot. He was SO brave. I am so proud of him!!! I could tell he was nervous, but he walked right in and layed down for the shot. After the shot, he teared up for a minute and tried so hard not to cry. He did a great job.
We have been eating all meals on the kitchen floor so I could run him to the potty quickly. Colton used his "You Are Special, Colton" plate for dinner because of his bravery at the doctor's office and deciding to wear big boy underwear. Hopefully we will have some good news on Monday! I am not able to get on the computer much at all because every time I walk away from him, he seems to pee!! Have a Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment