Monday, October 25, 2010

Brotherly Love


Since Caroline was born, Colton hasn't really been interested either way-not jealous and not wanting to pay her much attention. He wants to know where she is but that is the extent of his interest! This past week, he started talking to her (in this really high pitched voice) and helping me show her her toys. He also wanted to lay with her, which was huge! He doesn't usually even like to touch her-he moves her arm if it accidently touches him :) I am excited for them to get to play together!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Sweet picture of sweet kids!

Sandy said...

How sweet! Maybe he was just waiting to make sure she was going to stick around...
I once heard the introduction of a new baby in the family to a toddler was like a man bringing home his mistress to meet his wife & expecting the wife to love her. Suddenly the world which revolved around this little person is turned upside down, & the attention that he/she is accustomed to is given to someone else.
In one way, it is a really good thing because children need to learn that the world does not revolve around them, that others are important & that they will have responsibilities, too. I think you have taught him some of that by having him involved w/you in cooking, w/Jeremy working in the yard, etc. Teaching children to think of others is hard because we all are naturally (by our sin nature) self-centered & it starts the moment we are born.
It is sweet to see siblings love each other! I love to watch you & WaWa w/each other...

Sandy said...

Sorry, I just sort of "took over" your blog...

Learning as we Live said...

thanks for the comment, Sandy!!