Thursday, January 28, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken

Have a drug test this week? Don't make this! wink wink. This is one of my favorite recipes (from my mom)

Poppyseed Chicken

Boil 7-8 chicken breasts (I usually buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts when they are on sale).
Cut into pieces.

Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 pint (16 oz) sour cream.

Crush 1 package/sleeve of Ritz crackers and mix with 1 stick of melted butter and 2 Tablespoons poppyseeds (I skimp on these since they are expensive and are just for looks).

Grease a 2 and 1/2 quart casserole dish. Put 1/2 of the chicken in the dish, then 1/2 of the soup mixture and then 1/2 of the Ritz cracker mixture. Repeat.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't really like Poppyseeds, but this sounds GREAT. I might have to try it :)

Learning as we Live said...

do they have a taste to you?

After I wrote this, I wondered if they do. I don't notice if they do-I thought they were for "decoration" :)

Jessica said...

This is a staple in our home! And I do notice a slight difference with the poppyseeds. I like them but, like you said, they're expensive and I can go without them