Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Colton!

I can't believe he is actually one! All day, I have been thinking back to last year to what we were doing at different points in the day. So much has changed in one year. The first 4 months were the hardest of my life. Since then, they have been the best! Colton is so much fun at each stage. For the past few months, I have gotten sad every time I think about my little baby being one, but today, I celebrated. I am so thankful for his good health, fun personality, that I get to stay home with him, sleep!!! and on and on. He is just so much fun. I look forward to every morning with him. Sometimes I look forward to nap time for a break, but every night when he goes to bed, I wish it wasn't bedtime yet because I want to play with him!

As of now, he:
  • "talks" a lot, but I'm not convinced any of it is actually a word.
  • is a very speedy crawler
  • eats almost everything, and would eat nonstop if I didn't stop him
  • pulls up on everything
  • walks behind/pushes his tractor
  • stands alone briefly
  • is such a happy boy
  • screams a lot (happy screams)
  • has an opinion about things
  • likes to play chase
  • loves playing with socks
  • loves for us to copy each other back and forth with sounds
  • kicks his legs and waves his arms in excitement
  • kisses us, only when he wants to
  • grunts to tell me he wants something
  • points with his whole hand
  • eats with fist and thumb (the claw)
  • loves to read books
  • loves to be outside
  • knows what the following mean: doggie, book, night night, cow, kiss, eat, more, paci, c'mon, bye bye/hi, no
  • has 3 teeth
We go to the doctor on Monday for his 12 month appointment. I'll share more pictures when I can.




No comments: