Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a...

Girl! Colton will be a great big brother to a little sister! I was totally shocked.

I was so convinced that I saw a little "man part" on a picture from a recent ultrasound, I had totally convinced myself we were having a boy. During the ultrasound, the doctor came in and sat on the desk and asked the ultrasound tech to check for the sex. I told him that I knew it was a boy from the ultrasound he did a few weeks ago. He told me not to go by that one; it was too early. I thought to myself, "yea right. It was obvious." While was looking, the doctor said "I think I know what it is." The tech agreed-and so did I (duh, it's a boy!). The doctor said "XX"-I couldn't remember if that meant boy or girl, so I asked and she said girl! I couldn't believe it! I asked the tech if she was sure so many times and she kept showing me the girl "parts".

I was in such shock that I don't remember much about the ultrasound.

I waited to tell Mom and Dad in person because I knew they would be surprised. Jeremy called his mom. I think I had convinced everyone it was a boy!

Afterwards, Laura, Mom and I went shopping and bought plenty of little baby girl dresses!

I can't get any pictures to download...sorry! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am SO happy for you! Yah for a baby girl. Can't wait to find her something pink and girly!

Sandy said...

I thought I saw the same "parts" as you on that first 1... I'm thrilled for you! There are some moms who just should have a girl & you are on of them.