Monday, June 8, 2009

The Weekend

We had another fun weekend-they are never dull with sweet Colton!

On Friday night, Jordan and Laura came over for dinner. We hadn't seen them in a month-maybe longer! Colton was excited to play, and showed them all his new "tricks." Laura built a fort in the kitchen and hung out in there. Colton wasn't so sure about getting in there, but liked us to go in there. On Saturday, I took the comforter down, uh hmm I mean fort, and Colton was disappointed that it was gone!

Jeremy, Colton and I went to the pool on Saturday morning. It was fra-e-zing! The high was in the 70s and the sun was hiding all day, but Colton didn't care! He had a blast in the water. I love that he loves the pool. If we run him around or make him "swim" in the water, he just giggles and screams (happy scream). It is so worth getting in the cold water to see him have so much fun.

I can't figure out why he will not get in baby pools, or the kind we have in the back yard. He loves the bath tub and big pool-so what is it about little pools?

Anways, after nap time, we went to the pool again with Kelly, Trevor and Tyler. Again, it was C-O-L-D. The kids just don't care! Luckily, Jeremy got in with Colton and I stayed nice and warm outside of the pool. After swimming, we all enjoyed Chick fila and came home for bath and bed time.

Now it's back to the grind. I love my daily grind. I don't even dread Mondays anymore! I love my Mondays!




No comments: