Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jesus!











Last Friday, we hosted our 4th annual "Happy Birthday, Jesus" party. We had a housefull of friends to celebrate with. The big kids made pipe cleaner/bead ornaments and Caroline enjoyed the beads as snack. Just kidding...kind of. She assumed since we were at the table, we must have been eating!

Most of the kids were old enough to have their own candle in their cupcake and they all blew them out after singing to Jesus. After snack, we (tried to) read a book and put pieces on a felt nativity scene. Every year we get a little further-this year we got about half way through a book before the kids had scattered! ha!

Colton is such a little host. He loves having friends over and welcomed them in at the door. He turned on his favorite music, made sure it was loud enough for everyone to enjoy and stood up singing and directing the music. My sweet little band geek. After we finished the activities that I planned and played some, I mentioned going outside to play. Colton stood up and announced that whoever wanted to go play outside, raise your hand and put your shoes on. Love that sweet, sweet boy!

We love hosting this party for our friends and celebrating the reason for Christmas-Jesus' birth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've come :(

Colton is so funny!

Erica said...

Just stopping in at your blog.... I need to add it to my blog list so I can remember to check it. Thank you for doing this party every year it is such a sweet thing -we love coming! :)