We have done some fun things this week, but overall, it has been a stressful, frustrating week. Colton started out ready to wear his big boy underwear and cooperate. We dealt with accidents, but he was trying. On Wednesday, he got it! He used the potty at Grandmama's preschool, Bojangles and at home multiple times. I was so proud and so was he! Thursday: back to step 1. I don't know what happened, but he does not want to cooperate anymore. It is a fight to get him to sit on the potty and oftentimes he goes as soon as he gets off (after sitting there more than 10 minutes). ughhh I don't want to hear "Just wait until he's ready" anymore. We are past that point; he is 3 years and 4 months old. He is just strong willed. But I will be stronger willed :) I'm preparing for another rough week...
Monday, May 23, 2011
Potty Week
We have done some fun things this week, but overall, it has been a stressful, frustrating week. Colton started out ready to wear his big boy underwear and cooperate. We dealt with accidents, but he was trying. On Wednesday, he got it! He used the potty at Grandmama's preschool, Bojangles and at home multiple times. I was so proud and so was he! Thursday: back to step 1. I don't know what happened, but he does not want to cooperate anymore. It is a fight to get him to sit on the potty and oftentimes he goes as soon as he gets off (after sitting there more than 10 minutes). ughhh I don't want to hear "Just wait until he's ready" anymore. We are past that point; he is 3 years and 4 months old. He is just strong willed. But I will be stronger willed :) I'm preparing for another rough week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hang in there friend, I know the feeling. It's been so much harder with Grant than it was with Hannah. I clean poopy pants almost daily. He FINALLY started pee peeing on the potty. I realized he actually knew how to go on the potty and just didn't want to so I actually started spanking him for pee peeing in his pants and I tell you what..THAT DAY he started pee peeing on the potty and has pretty much ever since..not telling you you need to do that but that is what finally worked for us. Now the poo poo..yeah, that's still in the works. And yes, I get tired of hearing, "he'll do it when he's ready.." especially since he's three.
It's been a long process with our 3 y/o (will be 4 in October), over 15 months of potty training and still working on it. He was getting so good at peeing, then had a procedure done last week that included a catheter and now he's having pee accidents daily +. We were so excited today when he actually put himself on the potty to poop. Then he peed in his pants twice after that. *sigh* Feel your frustration.
Post a Comment