Monday, August 9, 2010

Charlotte's Web



Two weeks ago, we met some friends at the Tuesday morning free movie, Charlotte's Web. I thought Colton would last maybe 45 minutes and enjoy seeing the talking animals. He didn't take his eyes off the screen, even for chocolate. I was kinda narrating, like "look, a cute little pig", thinking that would help keep him interested. Turns out, he didn't need my help! Towards the end, when Charlotte was explaining to Wilber that she was going to die (only she didn't even use the word "die", so I have no clue how he understood), he started crying. He looked back and forth from me and the screen crying big tears. I tried to tell him that it was ok and I told him about Charlotte's babies going to live with Wilber. Sweet Colton was heartbroken over it. He did get over it and enjoyed the end...and the raisinettes!

I am still amazed that he understood enough to know it was sad. I'm also just so amazed at my sweet, sensitive little boy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

that IS SO SWEET...that's amazing he caught onto that! I took Hannah when she was about three and she didn't get that.